A customer purchases electricity token and credit units to his meter by typing a given code on the meter’s customer interface unit screen. As the customer uses electricity, his/her credit balance is reduced each day until the units are exhausted prompting the customer to top it up.
How do you use electric tokens?
To load the token via vendor, you will need to know your meter number before meeting the vendor.
- Check your meter number by dialing 100 on the meter and it will be displayed.
- Visit the vendor and make payment for your choice.
- Give the vendor your meter number.
- Collect the 20 digit token from the vendor.
How do I claim my electricity token?
You can claim your FBE token by dialing *130*269# from your mobile phone or contact your local municipality to find out if you qualify and how to apply. Just note that they only give FBE to people who earn less than a certain amount per month. What can you power at home for 50 kWh in a month?
What is token electricity?
This token is in practice a number or code which the end user inputs into their meter via a user interface to obtain electricity. Inherent in this code is the amount of electricity bought and the meter identification so the electricity cannot be put into another meter.
Does electricity token expire?
The tokens are generated by the municipalities and they do not allow any reversals. The customer takes responsibility for the purchase. Tokens also do not expire so if you’ve bought incorrectly for one of your own meters you can hold onto the token until it is needed.
Why is my prepaid meter rejecting token?
WHY DOES MY METER REJECT TOKENS? This may result from using the wrong meter number when vending, a faulty meter or change in tariff index.
Who qualifies for FBE token?
Who qualifies? While the criteria for the FBE is understood to differ between municipalities, Eskom told MyBroadband this week that to qualify for free basic electricity, households must earn R3,500 per month or less.
Can you get a refund on electric key?
Yes, we can give you back any money left on your key or card when you lost it. You might have to give us proof of buying the credit before we refund you though.
How do I get free basic electricity?
To claim the benefit, customers should visit their nearest vendor. Alternatively, USSD codes *130*869# or *130*269# are available to already configured customers to claim the benefit via a cell phone at no charge to the customer.
Can a magnet slow down an electric meter?
Tamperers say that strategically placed magnets can slow the spinning metal wheel that measures consumption in old-style analog meters. New digital smart meters are not influenced by magnets, experts say. Utilities do not take magnets lightly, Texas plumber James Hutcheson learned in 2014.
How do I put money on my electric meter?
How do I top up for the first time?
- Put your key or card into the meter for at least a minute to activate it.
- Top up your key or card at a convenient Payzone or Post Office.
- Put the key or card into your meter. Electricity credit will transfer automatically.
What is the cost of 1 unit in electricity?
5.35 per unit for the first one lakh units and Rs. 5.75 per unit for consumption beyond one lakh units. In all other areas, the new rates will be Rs. 5.35 and Rs.
How can I know my token number?
To do this, simply go to your token meter box and input the code 804 (Hexing) / 100 (Conlog) / Shenzen (65) then press the enter symbol. If successful, your 11-digit account number will be displayed on the screen.
How do I activate my token meter?
- 1 Enter KPLC prepaid business number 888880 or 88888.
- 2 Enter your 11 digit meter number.
- 3 Enter amount between 250 and 35,000.
- 4 Enter your M-Pesa pin.
- 5Confirm details and submit.
- 6 SMS from M-Pesa confirming transaction.
- 7 SMS from KPLC with a 20 digit token.
How can I check my prepaid token balance?
How to check KPLC token balance
- Open a new SMS message on your phone.
- Type 95551 in the Send to box.
- In the message field, input the first part of your account number. …
- After a few seconds, a reply with your account details including account balance will appear.