How do you handle safety electricity?
5 electrical safety tips you should know for your home
- Replace or repair damaged power cords. Exposed wiring is a danger that cannot go overlooked, the NFPA wrote. …
- Don’t overload your outlets. …
- Avoid extension cords as much as possible. …
- Keep electrical equipment or outlets away from water. …
- Protect small children from hazards.
What are electrical safety practices?
Control electrical hazards through safe work practices.
- Plan your work and plan for safety.
- Avoid wet working conditions and other dangers.
- Avoid overhead powerlines.
- Use proper wiring and connectors.
- Use and maintain tools properly.
- Wear correct PPE.
What are 10 safety rules?
10 Safety Rules Your Child Should Learn
- Rule #1: Know Your Name, Number, & Address. …
- Rule #2 Talking to Strangers is a Big No. …
- Rule #3 Good Touch & Bad Touch. …
- Rule #4 Never Climb a Wall or a Fence. …
- Rule #5 Playing with Fire & Sharp Objects Not Allowed. …
- Rule #6 Your Child Should be Aware of the School Emergency Procedures.
What are 5 electrical safety tips?
Electrical safety tips for kids
- Never put fingers or other objects in an outlet.
- Keep metal objects out of toasters.
- Never use anything with a cord or plug around water.
- Never pull a plug out by its cord.
- Stay away from substations and power lines.
- Don’t climb on power poles.
- Never fly kites near power lines.
What is the most important rule in electrical safety?
18 Cards in this Set
|what is the most Important rule of electrical Safety?||Think!|
|why should a person work with only one hand when possible?||To avoid Getting shocked through the chest|
|what range of electric current generally causes death?||100 to 200 milliamps (.100-.200 amps)|
What are 5 safety rules?
- Your safety is your personal responsibility.
- Always follow the correct procedures.
- Never take shortcuts.
- Take responsibility and clean up if you made a mess.
- Clean and organize your workspace.
- Ensure a clear and easy route to emergency exits and equipment.
- Be alert and awake on the job.
What is safety rule?
Definition. A principle or regulation governing actions, procedures or devices intended to lower the occurrence or risk of injury, loss and danger to persons, property or the environment.