Answer: The spread of electricity supported the Palampur farmers as it helped to change the village’s irrigation system. Persian wheels were historically used by farmers to draw water from wells and irrigate small fields. But after the spread of electricity, these Persian wheels were replaced by electric tube wells.
What was the major impact of electricity on the farmers of Palampur explain?
Electricity has had major impact on the farmers in Palampur in a variety of ways. These are: It transformed the irrigation system in the village. Larger areas could be irrigated in lesser time with the help of tube wells and pump sets, which ran on electricity.
Why irrigation and electricity were important for crop production in Palampur?
The main reason why farmers are able to grow three different crops in a year in Palampur is due to well developed system of irrigation. Electricity came early to Palampur. People saw Page 4 that the electric run tubewell could irrigate much larger areas of land more effectively.
What was the major impact of electricity?
1. Electricity reaching in Palampur transformed irrigation system as electric-run tubewells could be used to irrigate much larger areas of land more effectively. 2. Electric tubewell would draw water from well electrically and no manual handling required.
Who provides Labour for medium and large farmers?
Farm labourers provide the labour required for farming to the medium and large farmers in India.
What are the advantages of electricity in village?
Rural electrification also increases labor supply of men and women, schooling of boys and girls, household per capita income and expenditure. Electrification also helps reduce poverty. But the larger share of benefits accrues to wealthier rural households, with poorer ones having a more limited use of electricity.
Why Palampur is different from other village?
Palampur is well connected with other towns and cities. Electrical connections have helped the village since most of the electrical connections.
How did the spread of electricity help farmers in Palampur study rankers?
The spread of electricity has helped the farmers of Palampur village in the following ways : → Most of the houses have electric connections. → Electricity is used to run tubewells in the fields. → Electricity is used in various types of small business.
What is the importance of farm power?
Farm power is used for operating different types of machinery like tillage, planting, plant protection, harvesting and threshing machinery and other stationary jobs like operating irrigation equipment, threshers/ shellers / cleaners/ graders, etc.
What are the advantages of farm power?
- It can handle more areas per unit of time.
- It works faster and more efficient.
- It reduces cost of labor and total cost of production.
- It is not affected by disease.
- It can perform a wide range of operation.
- They reduce, drudgery in farm operation and saves times.
What are the five sources of farm power?
The common sources of Farm Power are: Human, Animal, Mechanical, Solar, Wind, Electrical, Water, Fuel and Bio gas.
- Human Power. This refers to human being as a source of energy for doing farm work. …
- Animal Power. You are viewing an excerpt of this lesson.
What is the work of farmer with 1 hectare land?
A farmer with 1 hectare of land will cultivate it with wheat or rice or some other crops depending upon the type of soil, weather conditions and irrigation facilities. The farmer will be using seeds, pesticides and fertilizers. The farmer may not use machines like tractors as the size of the land is very small.
What is the use of electricity in modern farming methods?
Modern agriculture requires an energy input at all stages of agricultural production such as direct use of energy in farm machinery, water management, irrigation, cultivation and harvesting. Post-harvest energy use includes energy for food processing, storage and in transport to markets.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of green revolution?
What are 5 advantages and disadvantages of green revolution?
- The amount of greenhouse gas emissions will help to reduce this.
- It allows us to create more food than conventional methods of growing.
- In uncooperative conditions, it offers us with predictable yields.
- It allows a decline in food costs for the world economy.