What are the types of electrical discharge machining?
What is the Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) process?
- EDM is a non-traditional manufacturing process that uses thermal energy to remove material from a workpiece as opposed to mechanical force. …
- Electric discharge machining can be divided into three common types, Die sinking EDM, Wire EDM and hole drilling EDM.
What is silent discharge?
[¦sī·lənt ′dis‚chärj] (electronics) An inaudible electric discharge in air that occurs at high voltage and consumes a relatively large amount of energy.
What is spark gap in EDM?
Electrode gap (spark gap) is the distance between the electrode and the part during the process of EDM. … This energy is created between a workpiece and an electrode submerged in a dielectric fluid with the passage of electric current.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of EDM?
Advantages and Disadvantages EDM
- Tolerances of +/- 0.005 can be achieved.
- Material hardness does not effect process – Tungsten Carbide – Stellite – Hastelloy – Nitralloy – Waspaloy – Nimonic – Inconel all can be successfully machined by EDM.
- Cutting complex shapes and thin walled configurations without distortion.
Can you EDM stainless steel?
CNC controlled cutting patterns can be completed quickly on a wide range of stainless steel alloys, while maintaining a low Ra surface roughness. … EDM can cut material thickness from only a few thousandths of an inch to several inches.
What is an electric discharge how it occurs?
An electric discharge is the release and transmission of electricity in an applied electric field through a medium such as a gas. … As the charge on these particles builds up, the result is the often-spectacular discharge of electricity known as lightning.
What is maximum discharge power?
It uses this “maximum discharge power” when making decisions such as whether the Storage Component can serve the load on its own. The maximum discharge power varies from one time step to the next according to its state of charge and its recent charge and discharge history, as determined by the Kinetic Storage model.
What is electric discharge class 8?
Answer: When negative and positive charges meet, producing streaks of bright light and sound. This process is called an electric discharge. When the accumulation of charges between lower part of clouds and earth becomes large, it is sufficient to break the insulation of air.