What are 5 electrical safety tips?
Electrical safety tips for kids
- Never put fingers or other objects in an outlet.
- Keep metal objects out of toasters.
- Never use anything with a cord or plug around water.
- Never pull a plug out by its cord.
- Stay away from substations and power lines.
- Don’t climb on power poles.
- Never fly kites near power lines.
What are 4 safety tips for staying safe with electricity?
10 Electrical Safety Tips for Kids
- Fly kites far away from power lines. …
- Don’t fly drones near power lines. …
- Stay away from electrical substations. …
- Never play on transformers. …
- Don’t climb trees near power lines. …
- Electricity and water don’t mix. …
- Never yank an electric cord from the wall.
What are some electrical safety practices?
Control electrical hazards through safe work practices.
- Plan your work and plan for safety.
- Avoid wet working conditions and other dangers.
- Avoid overhead powerlines.
- Use proper wiring and connectors.
- Use and maintain tools properly.
- Wear correct PPE.
What are the safety rules you need to follow while using electrical appliances?
15 Safety Precautions When Working With Electricity
- Avoid water at all times when working with electricity. …
- Never use equipment with frayed cords, damaged insulation or broken plugs.
- If you are working on any receptacle at your home then always turn off the mains. …
- Always use insulated tools while working.
What are examples of safety?
Safety is a state of being protected from potential harm or something that has been designed to protect and prevent harm. An example of safety is when you wear a seat belt. An example of safety is a safety belt. A device designed to prevent accidents, as a lock on a firearm preventing accidental firing.
What are the 10 safety precautions?
Top Ten Workplace Safety Tips
- Reduce Workplace Stress. …
- Use Tools and Machines Properly. …
- Use Mechanical Aids When Possible. …
- Wear Protective Equipment. …
- Stay Sober. …
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings. …
- Correct Posture Protects Your Back. …
- Be Alert and Awake.
What is the most important rule in electrical safety?
18 Cards in this Set
|what is the most Important rule of electrical Safety?||Think!|
|why should a person work with only one hand when possible?||To avoid Getting shocked through the chest|
|what range of electric current generally causes death?||100 to 200 milliamps (.100-.200 amps)|
How can we keep safe with electricity?
Electrical home safety checklist
- Water and electricity don’t mix! …
- Check for damaged wires and cables.
- Keep cables and wires properly stored, and away from children.
- Unplug devices and appliances to repair, adjust or clean.
- Don’t overload plug sockets.
- Allow air to circulate around electric appliances – don’t block vents.
What are the five safety rules?
Safety Rules At Home For That Needs To Be Implemented To Make It Safer For Everyone
- Rule 1: Always Keep The Doors Locked.
- Rule 2: Always Keep The Doors Closed.
- Rule 3: Keep Medicine In Safe Cabinets.
- Rule 4: Keep The Floor Dry At All Times.
- Rule 5: Always Have An Emergency Plan.
- Rule 6: Ensure That Alarm Systems Are Working.
What is an example of an unsafe act?
Other examples of unsafe acts include disregarding posted warning signs, failure to wear a hard hat, smoking near flammables or explosives, working too close to power lines, handling chemicals or other hazardous materials improperly, putting your body or any part of it onto or into shafts or openings and lifting …