What degree should I get for electrical engineering?
Most electrical engineers must have a bachelor’s degree or even a master’s degree in electrical engineering from a university accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
What majors are there in electrical engineering?
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Applied Physics.
- Computer Software Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Robotics Technology.
What jobs can you get with an electrical engineering degree?
Electrical engineers work in transport networks, lighting, heating, ventilation, lift systems, power generation and distribution, renewable energy, manufacturing and construction.
What are the 3 major fields of electrical engineering?
Electrical engineering has now subdivided into a wide range of subfields including electronics, digital computers, computer engineering, power engineering, telecommunications, control systems, robotics, radio-frequency engineering, signal processing, instrumentation, and microelectronics.
What is the starting salary for a electrical engineer?
Graduate Electrical Engineer Salaries
|AECOM Graduate Electrical Engineer salaries – 5 salaries reported||$71,686/yr|
|Worley Graduate Electrical Engineer salaries – 5 salaries reported||$69,437/yr|
|Aurecon Graduate Electrical Engineer salaries – 4 salaries reported||$67,068/yr|
Is electrical engineering in demand?
Overall, electrical engineers are in demand. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, electrical engineer jobs are projected to grow by 9% in the coming years. There is always a need for entry-level engineers as older ones leave the field.
What is the hardest engineering major?
1. Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineers are primarily focused on the physics and mathematics of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. …
- Students consider electrical engineering to be the toughest major mostly because of the abstract thinking involved.
What is the best field in electrical engineering?
Here are some of the top job options that involve electrical engineering:
- Electrical technician. National average salary: $51,275 per year. …
- Electrician. National average salary: $52,049 per year. …
- Controls engineer. …
- Test engineer. …
- Electrical project manager. …
- Electrical designer. …
- Sustainability engineer. …
- Electrical engineer.
How difficult is electrical engineering?
The electrical engineering major is considered one of the most difficult majors in the field, and these are the common reasons students list to explain why it is hard: There is a lot of abstract thinking involved.
Which engineering has highest salary?
What are the Highest Paying Engineering Jobs?
- #1 Engineering Manager. Median Salary: $1144,830. …
- #2 Computer Hardware Engineer. Median Salary: $117,220. …
- #3 Aerospace Engineer. Median Salary: $116,500. …
- #4 Nuclear Engineer. …
- #5 Chemical Engineer. …
- #6 Electrical & Electronics Engineer. …
- #7 Construction Manager. …
- #8 Materials Engineer.
Who hires electrical engineers?
Electrical engineers work in many industries, including IT, manufacturing, telecommunications, and aerospace. They are most commonly employed by companies that manufacture electrical components, such as navigation controls and medical equipment.