How can I get a new electric key or card, if it has been lost or damaged? If you lose or damage your electric card or key please phone 0333 200 5110(1) Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 2pm.
Can you put emergency electric on without key?
To access your Emergency Credit you must have the key or card in the meter. You’ll need to pay back the Emergency Credit next time you top up, and any remainder will be put on as credit. If you use all your Emergency Credit and don’t top up to replace it, you may not have an energy supply until you have repaid it.
Where can I get a replacement N Power Electric key?
Get a new electric key
- Call the EON customer service team on 0345 301 5955.
- Reference your meter serial number (MSN), which can be found below the barcode on your meter and will begin with either S or F. …
- They will give you a reference number that is to be given to your local Payzone.
Can I use someone else’s electric key?
Someone else can top up on your behalf
They will need to take your key or card with them. They can use our store locator if they’re not sure where to go and want to avoid going into too many different shops.
What do I do if my electric key stops working?
If the machine at your usual top-up outlet isn’t working, you can find another Payzone, PayPoint or Post Office outlet. Give the contacts on your electricity key a clean with a dry toothbrush or cloth. If that doesn’t work, or you think your key is damaged, you might need to get a replacement – fill out this form.
What happens if my emergency credit runs out?
If you keep running out of credit
If you run out of credit you’ll build up extra debt to your supplier, for example you’ll need to pay back any emergency credit you use. You can agree how to pay it back with your supplier. If it feels like you’re running out of credit too quickly, paying off debt could be the problem.
How do I activate my electric key?
Using your electricity top up key
- Use up all the credit on your meter before you plug in your new key. …
- Plug your Bulb key into the meter and wait for 60 seconds. …
- Top up at your nearest Paypoint or Payzone. …
- After topping up, plug your Bulb key back into your meter and wait for 5 seconds.
How do I top up my electric key?
How do I top up for the first time?
- Put your key or card into the meter for at least a minute to activate it.
- Top up your key or card at a convenient Payzone or Post Office.
- Put the key or card into your meter. Electricity credit will transfer automatically.
Who is current electricity supplier?
Talk to the Meter Point Administration Service. You can: Use their online Find My Supplier search tool. Call them on 0870 608 1524.
Will my electric run out at night Npower?
Electricity meters and emergency credit
We won’t cut you off at night, even if you run out of credit. Friendly meter times are 6pm-9am in winter and 7pm-10am in the summer.
Will my old electric key still work?
Even after you’ve used your first Bulb card, you can still use your old card. You should use your old card’s credit before you use your new one. You won’t be able to use a previous one with electricity keys.
Can I use an old electric key in my meter?
Electricity meters don’t recognise keys from your previous supplier once you’ve switched.
What is the minimum amount you can put on an electric key SSE?
It’ll be there if your credit goes below 50p, as long as you haven’t already used it. You’ll need to re-insert your key to activate it.