The electrical energy used by the radio is converted into sound energy. Sound is another form of kinetic energy–it’s air in motion. You can move your muscles to make sound too.
What energy transfer occurs in a radio?
Take for example a radio. This is designed to transfer electrical energy into sound energy. As the electricity passes through the wires, circuit boards and other components, some of the original electrical energy is transferred into heat energy.
What energy transformation will happen when father turns the radio on?
WHEN OUR RADIO IS OPERATED BY INSERTING BATTERY INTO IT,CHEMICAL ENERGY IN BATTERY IS CONVERTED INTO SOUND ENERGY AND THUS WE HEAR SOUND FROM THE RADIO.
What are 5 examples of energy transfer?
- A swinging pirate ship ride at a theme park. Kinetic energy is transferred into gravitational potential energy.
- A boat being accelerated by the force of the engine. The boat pushes through the water as chemical energy is transferred into kinetic energy.
- Bringing water to the boil in an electric kettle.
What are 4 ways energy can be transferred?
There are 4 ways energy can be transferred;
- Mechanically – By the action of a force.
- Electrically – By an electrical current.
- By radiation – By Light waves or Sound waves.
- By heating – By conduction, convection or radiation.
What energy transformation takes place in electric fan?
The fan converts electric energy into kinetic energy that does work, and it converts some electric energy into heat.)
What energy transformation occurs when a car stereo is turned on 5 points?
When a car stereo is turned on the chemical energy stored in the batteries will be converted to electrical energy which will, in turn, drive into…
What is an example of energy transformation?
For example: Plants capture light energy from the sun and convert it into chemical energy during the process of photosynthesis. Wind turns a wind turbine to produce mechanical energy, which activates an electrical generator to produce electricity for a radio.