It happens occasionally that a meter is “Blocked by Credit Control”. This means that the municipality has blocked your meter from purchasing electricity till the block is lifted. This problem should be sorted out by the client directly with the particular municipality.
What do you do when your electric meter stops working?
If you have a credit meter
- If the meter stops, turn on 1 appliance at a time and check the meter. …
- If the meter is still moving, it’s probably faulty. …
- If it’s faulty, your supplier should replace it. …
- If it’s not faulty, you could have to pay for the cost of the test.
How do I unblock my Tshwane prepaid meter?
This means that the Municipality has blocked your Tshwane prepaid electricity meter from purchasing Tshwane prepaid electricity until the Tshwane prepaid meter is unblocked and in this case an arrangement must be made for an arrears account to be paid or proof of Account payment must be provided to the Tshwane …
Why is my meter rejecting my token?
WHY DOES MY METER REJECT TOKENS? This may result from using the wrong meter number when vending, a faulty meter or change in tariff index.
How do I reset my electric meter box?
Press the I key followed by 008. The consumption and number of days are displayed on the meter. The day and consumption counters will be reset by pressing the i key twice.
How can I test my electric meter?
Read the multimeter and make a note. Don’t turn on or off any electrical equipment for an hour. Read the meter then deduct the first reading from the second reading. Multiply the ampere reading you noted from the multimeter 110; this relates to your home electricity voltage.
How do I report a faulty prepaid electricity meter?
At present, the Electricity SMS service is for problems such as faults in the house supply, faulty street lights, pre- paid meter faults and cable theft. You can also phone 0860 220 440 or email FaultReporting.Centre@capetown.gov.za.
How do I activate hexing meter?
Here is how to activate a token meter for the various brands:
- ACTARIS Meter Box. Dial 100 and then press enter or #
- HEXING Meter Box. Dial 804, then press enter or #
- CONLOG Meter Box. …
- SHENZEN Meter Box. …
- In some cases, 000# and 100# also work when trying to get your KPLC prepaid meter number.
How do I activate my token meter?
- 1 Enter KPLC prepaid business number 888880 or 88888.
- 2 Enter your 11 digit meter number.
- 3 Enter amount between 250 and 35,000.
- 4 Enter your M-Pesa pin.
- 5Confirm details and submit.
- 6 SMS from M-Pesa confirming transaction.
- 7 SMS from KPLC with a 20 digit token.
How do I retrieve my electric token?
To retrieve your last purchase, SMS your meter number to 31371 and your token will be sent back to you.
How do I reset my Zesco prepaid meter?
Connect the handheld recharging unit to the Cooker socket and switch on. 2. Press enter on the recharging unit. This will reset the unit and remove the error codes.